If you’re a new girl, an established star, returning to the biz, or even a big-name porn star, it’s crucial to have public relations representation if you are serious about your career.
Here are the Top 10 reasons why you need PR:
- You need to stand out. There are hundreds of girls entering the industry every month, so the competition is fierce. With good exposure and an excellent publicist behind you, you will be on everyone’s lips, and in a good way.
- Do you want to work? Directors and studios seeing your name out there will help get you work and/or keep you working.
- We keep you in check by making sure you show up at events and interviews, and act right. Because image is everything, many of us will also watch your social media; just one or two bad tweets could tank your career.
- If you do get yourself in hot water, we can help you. We can rebrand you, fix your image, turn a negative into a positive, take calls from the press, and more, all through a coordinated plan of action. Most things can be fixed or, as we say, we will “spin” it for you.
- We will teach you to brand yourself. If you want to have longevity, you need to become your own brand, and we will show you how to do this successfully.
- Reputable publicists will submit you for award nominations, create award-winning campaigns, and get that trophy in your hand. Few people can’t submit nominations for coveted AVN and XBIZ awards; your publicist can.
- Your fans will know where to find you. Are you feature dancing, in a new movie or have a mainstream project to brag about? We help you with that. Our reach and contacts are far and wide, and a press release plus social media keeps everyone in the know.
- Your publicist will get you things your agent won’t. We get you into magazines, toy deals, mainstream projects and much more. We get your name out there, and possibly put some cash in your pocket.
- A publicist will do things you can’t, like write press releases, show you how to use social media, open doors for you by introducing you to the right people, get you hosting events, on the red carpet and presenting awards, plus a lot more.
- You want to take your career to the next level. You want more work and more feature films or parodies; more nominations and awards; you want to be a bigger name; you want more followers on social media; you want all your hard work to make you a star!
When you start shopping for PR agent or publicist, you will want to hire a company with an excellent track record that has been around for at least three to five years, and does more than just write press releases. And remember, you get what you pay for—discounted or free PR is not the way to go.
Here are four companies that we recommend who only work with not only porn stars, but companies also.
- Of course, ourselves: The Rub PR – therubpr.com
- Rising Star PR – risingstarpr.com
- Star Factory PR – www.starfactorypr.com
- Naughty PR – naughtypr.com